My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

26 January 2011

WRITING SUCCESS

Never Say Never
Whilst thinking about what to write on my blog this morning, I turned to my desk diary to make a note of the things I needed to do today. It's a Collins diary and there is a note of significance written on each day. For instance yesterday it said 'A group of starlings is called a chattering'. What a useful word to know, especially when you want to describe the noise a group of these bird might make. 


Today's entry was even better and it brought a huge grin to my face. Did you know that the oldest début book published was by a lady called Bertha Wood, aged 100? I have stuck to my wall in front of me a similar story about a 93 year old début novelist but it looked like Bertha pipped this writer to the post. Bertha wrote her memoirs, 'Fresh Air and Fun' to coincide with reaching her grand age. So, if like me, you yearn for publication, don't worry you have plenty of time. Though of course I'd like to reach this particular goal before turning 50, my centenary year seems an age away!


Tomorrows entry is not so inspiring, did you know that you are taller in the morning than in the evening because of gravity? No? Well it doesn't inspire me, but I'm looking forward to the next three hundred and forty entries, who knows what they might bring...

Don't Think Just Write

No comments: