My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

28 January 2009

TECHNOBABE OR LUDDITE?

Current Work: Non Fiction, Website building, online file tidy
Listening to: Chris Evans on Radio 2 –still waiting for a baby to arrive
Reading: The Self Sufficient Gardner – John Seymour

First Thought for the Day:
The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else. -John Updike, writer (1932-2009

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men
You should watch Eddie Izzard going on about this quote, its fantastic!
Anyway the week isn’t going particularly well, too many distractions, but all good ones I suppose. Maybe I just have to accept that sometimes the planning does go down the drain if something else is happening – it just seems to happen to me, a lot.
Anyway enough of my ranting, we are now wireless and are we pleased we forked out a few euro to have someone in who knows what we are doing. Met a fantastic couple who have lived here for five years and Penny is the techno queen. They also run a cycle hire and guide business more of which you can find from this link, Sibillini Cycling. Anyway to cut a long story short (which means nothing really goes according to plan here at Casa Grotta) Penny had us connected and we had learnt a lot more about where we live. Which can never be a best thing.

Building A Website
Well, unlike Penny, I am not technical minded at all. I mean it, I love pens and paper and the library and if possible I would chuck the PCs out of the nearest window, but its an essential tool for a modern writer, and I am one of the fiercest luddites around. So my philosophy is, if you can’t get rid of it, work with it! Well, building a website seems a simple thing, especially with offers that shout out how easy it is to build your website in three easy steps!. Not true… so not true. I’ve been on the case for over a week now and having been with one company for about 7 years had just got to grips. But now different host, different package and the frustration levels rising! Oh well, one step at a time. But now I’ve downloaded a website builder and I am determined to learn it and produce a simple and clean website.

Work in Progress
Well if you’ve reached this far you know it hasn’t been very successful so far. But I have uploaded my latest article about a French Writer known as Stendhal on Suite 101.

And Finally, the Last Word of the Day:

dramatis personae

PRONUNCIATION:
(DRAM-uh-tis puhr-SO-nee)

MEANING:
noun:
1. The characters in a play or story.
2. The people involved in an event.

ETYMOLOGY:
From Latin dramatis personae (persons of the drama), from drama (play) + persona (mask, character in a play, person).

No comments: