My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

28 July 2009

THE 'WRITE' SPACE

Current Work: Drafting short stories and scenes for WIP
Listening to: My Man Friday weeding the rockery (before the sun gets up)
Reading: Mercy by Toni Morrison

A change of scenery
They say that change is good for you. I wonder if that's the case for writers and where they write. I try and not have too many 'traditions' and 'conditions' for my writing. I try to write at different times of the day, in different places and different implements. I suppose I'm worried that if I can't meet the conditions I would set, then I wouldn't write. And that's not on. So today, because the weather report says it's going to be 'hot, hot hot' up here in the mountains, we are going to the beach and my pen and pad are going with me. The trouble is with me, I'm a great people watcher and just love to observe all the people - young and old - and make up stories about who they are and what they do. Most of this vanishes into the ether and I never think of them again. Today however, my thoughts shall be recorded (I hope). Shall report back at the end of the week.

Book Worm


Ice Cold in Alex by Christopher Landon

Characters: A Captain, his driver, a nurse (or two), a German in disguise and an ambulance called KATY
Plot: Set in World War II its a simple tale of a group of people trying to reach a safe destination and what happens on the way.
Setting: In the desert, in Torbruk - a place where many soldiers were captured in the war. The descriptions of the environment are quite atmospheric.
Quick Summary: Its a very simple, easy read. The characters are very stereotypical which is recognisable through their speech and actions. This is written in 'old fashioned' tense, no swearing only long lines to indicate naughty words so you can make them up for yourself! Its a rather 'stilted' read because of its style but thoroughly enjoyable. It really sums up what people went through and though about during such difficult times. Reminded me a little of my novel, which is kind of reassuring as this book was turned into a very successful film (which is now on my Amazon wishlist).
Recommendation: Definitely.


Confucius Says...Wise Words on Writing

'You must stay drunk on writing so reality never hits you'
Ray Badbury


17:45 Italian Time
Post Note
I'VE BEEN PUBLISHED!! And I just wanted to shout about it, so apologies for my gloating. A short story of mine has just been accepted by Peoples Friend and I couldn't wait until Friday's blog to say something. I can't tell you what a great feeling it is!!!





No comments: