My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

8 April 2011

Distractions and Temptations

Having blogged about my ten most guilty pleasures earlier this week, I missed a post yesterday because I was enjoying one of them ! It wasn't a bag of Maltesers or a bath, because we have neither of them here in Italy and are considered two of my most luxurious luxuries. It wasn't a glass of red whilst cooking (but a glass of rose) or a quick nap after lunch - instead braving the heat to walk Bertie. I didn't sing, watch a film, read a mag or write with a fountain pen and Simon simply refuses to let me buy another bag... 


After a few weeks of - should we, shouldn't we, no we can't - can we? - sort of debate, we decided to add to our little family of animali and now have 9 week old Freya, a Maremma (Italian Sheepdog) puppy who has lived in the field where she was born until yesterday. At the moment she's learning how to climb steps and stairs (barking when she needs a little help) and following our two year old Maremma dog, Bertie, around like a little lamb. She has also been down to say 'hello' to Na, Wilma and Doris our three hens. We've named her after a Norse Goddess of love and beauty - a little like myself... I wish.


Not that I need more distractions but hey, life is for living in the moment which reminds me of a quote by Oscar Wilde (I think) 'I Can Resist Everything But Temptation'.
Now, must get to work on the purchase of a new item for my bag collection. (Poor Si).

Don't Think Just Write

2 comments:

Cathie Dunn said...

Oh, she's gorgeous, Jo. I bet she'll give you plenty of love - and plenty of work, too! ;-)
Can't believe she's only 9 weeks old. Can't wait for pics and stories of her growing up, climbing stairs, discovering socks and munching shoes...
Steph (Cathie)

Louise Charles said...

Yes, Steph, the sock and shoe munching has already begun! But she's a bundle of fun...