My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

16 March 2009

PERSISTENCE IS A SKILL

Current Work: Editing
Listening to: Birds enjoying a bit of early spring sunshine
Reading: The Autobiography, Johnnie Walker

Missing Entry
I missed an entry on Friday! My first since I started at the beginning of the year. I did remember, but by that time it was late, the PC was off and Comic Relief was on the TV. Excuses and more excuses. But I had a busy week and on Friday spent all morning hanging about at our local hospital, while my Man Friday had some tests. Anyway now back on track. I had a week of plugging away at the novel, which is really taking shape I think, and the sounds coming from my live in proofreader are both positive and constructive.

Getting Paid
I received a cheque in the post today for a piece I did for The New Writer Magazine, called Writing From the Soul. It was published on their Vellum page and the thrill of seeing my words in print is as fresh as the last time. It is soooo exciting and I just keep flicking the mag open to make sure it wasn't a dream. So if I can do it anyone can, you just have to be persistent and brush off all the rejections - because a published piece is simply the biz!

Back to Reality
So after I've made my list of things to buy with my grand total of £31, (yeah, that is thirty-one pounds, there aren't any zeroes missing) I know have to get back to the grindstone. More than the money it's the motivation which spurs me on. Knowing that if I can do it once...

No comments: