My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

21 September 2009

IDEAS FOR STORIES

Current Work: I have to get this chapter for HQN comp done this week, its been taking over my mind!
Listening to: Dogs barking - yes plural, we have Berties sister and her mate staying
Reading: The Last Templar by Raymond Khoury

How do you find inspiration?
As you know, I've been drafting a chapter for a competition for Harlequin (Mills and Boon). Now this is way off my usual kind of stuff. What do you immeditaely think of when you hear Mills and Boon? Yes, Barbara Cartland, pink and sugary. Well, I've never read any of BC's stuff but I know she was a prolific writer and did very well out of it. And I can say that current day M and B ain't pink and sugary. Anyway I digress, so how did I find the inspiration to write? Well, I looked at the guidelines, which are quite extensive and spent a lot of time learning about the 'alpha male' - for this competition it's key. That's not so hard is it? I mean what man doesn't try and be the alpha male - I know! I know! Huuuugggge generalisation on my part, but those of you who know me well will be familiar with my generlisations about 'things'. Anyway this time it is proving worthy because I have one, Italian of course and linked with a sight I saw from an apartment window in Amalfi many years ago, I had the nugget of a story. Also being married to my Man Friday. who is an F1 nerd. is helping shape the plot, so inspiration is all around, you just need to grasp it and put pen to paper. Famous last words!!

Confucius Says... Writers Thoughts on Writing



"No one is asking, let alone demanding, that you write.
The world is not waiting with bated breath for your
article or book. Whether or not you get a single word
on paper, the sun will rise, the earth will spin, the
universe will expand. Writing is forever and always a
choice -- your choice."


~ Beth Mende Conny~


Mmm... I like this one a lot...

No comments: