My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

23 June 2009

REJECTION

Current Work: Picking myself up and dusting myself down
Listening to: A buzzard 'keying' for its partner
Reading:
Just finished
Bad Heir Day by Wendy Holden - see below

The Good and The Bad

I'm not sure how to start this entry, I've started typing several times and seem to have turned into a blob of nonsense when it comes to words. Yesterday I heard that the agent I'd been so kindly recommended to, doesn't feel able to take me on. Now I know in my heart that I never imagined I would be 'discovered' or even encouraged in a million years. But when you hear those words 'no thanks' the sense of disappointment is so overwhelming. However, I have to look on the bright side, she didn't trash my work, she wished me well with finding representation and she replied within 10 days of my submitting my manuscript. So this morning when I woke, I felt a little happier turning a disappointment into a positive thing and I shan't fall at the first hurdle. Better writers than me have been rejected (why does JK always come to mind?) so enough of the maudlin (which I am just soooo good at) and chin up. I'm going to blast it off to another this week, and will keep on at it. I have too, I've stepped too far over the edge to stop now...


Book Worm

Bad Heir Day by Wendy Holden


Characters: Anna (a wannabe writer just like me) is the main character. Cassandra is a has been writer and a has been everything who things she's got it all but hasn't. Then there is Seb, Jamie and Robbie - love interests of Anna and her friend and advisor Geri.
Setting: In present time UK and Scotland
Plot: Well, girl wants to fall in love and meets a load of despots along the way. It's a chick lit book.
Quick Summary: Humorous, entertaining and doesn't need a lot of concentration to enjoy. A good 'filler' in between tougher reads. I like these kinds of books, it's a bit like reading the 'Hello' Magazine but without the pictures. Thoroughly enjoyable
Recommendation: Definitely

Confucius Says... Quotes on Writing

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” - Samuel Beckett
Wise, wise words...

No comments: