My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

9 June 2009

THE WAITING GAME

Current Work: Writing a Writers CV and Synopsis
Listening to: The innards of my hard drive whirring and whining
Reading: The Predator by Patricia Cornwell

It's never 'the end' it's only the beginning...
When I 'finished' writing my novel I had a variety of emotions. Relief that I had reached the end, happy because I'd managed to succeed, sad because it was all over, wonderment about what next... I've just started to realise that 'the end' is actually where it all starts. Having to edit, proof, rewrite, check facts, produce a professionally presented manuscript, looking for publishers, identifying agents, writing a CV and the dreaded synopsis. Its all part of 'writing' however you may look at it and it may not actually be the fun part for many of us. The part which really feeds our passion is the creating 'bit' , characters, plot, drama, solutions, like producing a play. But there is a lot that goes on in the background, unseen by the reader and our families and friends. It takes time but if you finish your novel revelling the those two little words and shove it in a drawer, it will truly be the end.

The Book Worm

I haven't finished my latest read. It took me a little time to get into it, but I'm well on the way now. Will post next week.

Confucius Says...

'There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein.' Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

No comments: